Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Wedding!

We'll try to keep this one a little shorter, I just realized that my stories get so long!! I love telling the stories though, they make me smile and remember those happy moments! Before I get to the actualy wedding story, I want to mention the cute thing about my dress. We had been down to Utah for his Family Christmas party. I had no clue how I was going to pay for a dress before February so after the Christmas party, Dustin, me, and Cassie (our sister in law) made a quick trip to Salt Lake City to check out David's Bridal $99 sale. Of course we made him stay in the car, he couldn't see the dress, but I was planning on if I found a dress for 99, I was going to get a dress that day. He gave me a hug right before we went in, and then slipped a wad of cash in my hands. It was practically his whole paycheck! He kissed me on the cheek, and said, "get a good dress babe. One you like." It was sweet. And I did.


The night before the wedding I had my bridal shower. It was way fun. I did it the night before so everyone I hold dear had a better chance of making it since they would be coming up for the wedding anyway. It was a blast, but boy am I dumb! The only problem was that after the bridal shower, I had my best friends at my place... all night! We giggled and talked, it was a blast. Julia and Teresa felt kind of bad so they got us some caffiene breath mints and a six pack of energy drinks. It was awesome! I wouldn't trade it for the world.. but I didn't get a ton of sleep to say the least.. what a long day that made!



We got married at the Rosewood Reception center. We ran and set up by 8, had rehearsal at 11, the luncheon at 12, the wedding at 4, pictures afterward, and the reception at 6. Whoah. An hour before the wedding, Dustin came and grabbed me. Said his Dad was at Wal-Mart and wanted us to pick out a grill for a wedding present. We both went... rushed back, and we were dressing me, putting on makeup and doing my hair all at once! It was crazy!

My brother I can owe the starting of the crying to. When I was getting ready, I arranged for him to practice the song he sang in the hall. When I heard him sing... oh I started to cry!! Then we just couldn't stop me. I'm not sure if it was the lack of sleep, me being touch my brother sang, my nerves of getting married or a combination of everything.. but I was pretty teary eyed throughout the next hour.

My Daddy walked me down the isle (he was a little teary eyed too) and we had.. a fun ceremony to say the least. I don't do so well when lots of people are looking at me... I may have cracked a few jokes. Dustin looked amazing... (I think I looked okay too). Then we took pictures and had the reception. My sisters helped a lot there. Then we headed up to Idaho Falls and.. did that wedding night thing. ;) We'll leave those details out.




Just so you all know, we are scheduled to be sealed in the Logan Temple in March of 09. We're very excited, and can't wait! It's coming up fast!

No comments: