When Dustin and I bought the house, we didn't know that we had a special guest that thought our place was his. We had a gopher in our back yard. Yes, I said HAD.
One of the things I love about the relationship Dustin and I have, is that we always try and find creative or fun ways to do things. Getting rid of our unwanted guest was one of them. So one night for family home evening we decided to buy a pie and let it thaw while we partook of the activities. :) I rolled up my jeans and grabbed a hose while Dustin grabbed the shovel. We had to have looked like the biggest rednecks to our new neighbors as I stuck the hose down the gopher hole while Dustin waited at the other end, shovel raised, waiting to knock our friend over the head. I kept stepping side to side all girly thinking that our friend was going to dig his way out right under my feet.
Sadly our fun activity didn't get our uninvited guest, but nonetheless was fun. Just some of the stupid things we like to try, making life all the more exciting. The gopher you say? Dustin covered all the holes but one, dropped down a poisonous smoke bomb and covered it up. We haven't seen our friend since... sounds mean, but I am NOT sad. (It's going to take forever to make our backyard look normal!)
Sadly our fun activity didn't get our uninvited guest, but nonetheless was fun. Just some of the stupid things we like to try, making life all the more exciting. The gopher you say? Dustin covered all the holes but one, dropped down a poisonous smoke bomb and covered it up. We haven't seen our friend since... sounds mean, but I am NOT sad. (It's going to take forever to make our backyard look normal!)



1 comment:
I really wish i could have watched and photographed you doing this!!!
Post a Comment