Thursday, February 19, 2009

New Kitchen Table

Our kitchen is pretty small. Especially the "dining area". Our current table fits persay, but if we have anyone who wants to sit at it besides the two of us, we have to pull it out from the the wall, have everything on the table before anyone sits because there is then no room to move after people are in the chairs. It fits four max because of the way the base is, so when we want to have people over for dinner it's kind of awkward. If people have kids, they sit on laps, and when there are more than two adults (i.e. the missionaries and sister in law came over for Dustin's bday dinner) we pull a card table out into the living room and sit on the couch and around it there. Needless to say, I've been asking for a new table. Dustin doesn't think we need one. I definately do. Especially for when we have kids someday, I don't want to pull the table out and push it back in, drag the chairs in and out when we use them three times a day.

Here's where I'm evil. I got Dustin to consider a new table. He still said, "we really don't need one yet, but i suppose you can look." I already had a couple of ideas of what I wanted and did my price comparison. SO... I gave our table away to a couple in our ward that doesn't have one. :) Then I called Dustin and told him.. "we need a table." He asked why.. I told him.. we didn't have one, I gave ours away! He laughed, and said okay then. So I got to order this cute nook above for our kitchen last night. It should be here next week. I'm VERY excited! The previously owners of the house had the same one, so I even know exactly how everything will fit and look. I'll probably make some little cushions to decorate it up a bit and make it softer to sit on. Yes.. I am evil.. but clever. Of course I wouldn't do it if he hadn't already started considering it.. but hey.. I recommend it to anyone if you have the money for it, you've agreed on "sometime", then this was definately the push that gets ya want you want!

3 comments:

Sarah Skinner said...

You're evilness is incredibly familiar to me! I can totally see Mike pulling something like this on me. :-) Don't tell him, though. I think I'll try it on him first. I am halfway to being a Skinner as long as I have been a Patterson. This kind of Skinnerishness is rubbing off on me-finally. I am going to beat him at his own game someday. :-) Ha Ha.

Jenn and Mike said...

Thanks for the phone call yesterday! It made me smile.

Jon and Karen Egeland said...

I think that is fair play. Who wants to sit and wait for "someday"? I'm happy for you.