It's true what they say. If you have an attitude of gratefulness, then you realize all the things in life you have to be grateful for and you are happier. I've been working on this lately and it's amazing the feelings I have about life and THINGS.
I admit that it's hard now that we just got our tax return to not run out and buy everything we've ever wanted. But as I sit here on my couch and look around, I realize that we already have everything. I see I'm sitting in a home. I see we have some food storage. We have some money in the bank. We have each other. We have nice furniture and a television. I like the decorations I have up in the house. We are going to be sealed to each other forever and we have loving families and friends that support that and are a great asset in our lives.
I don't know if Dustin gets it, but he's cute about it. We'll be sitting on the couch doing our own things and I'll look over at him and smile. He'll say, "What?" and I'll say, "I'm just having one of those grateful moments. We're blessed." He'll say, "I know, we are. Love you," and lean over and give me a smooch. Simple, and only lasts a second, but I love it.
I've been having so many wonderful and grateful moments lately, I just wanted to get on here and express my gratitude to everyone and thank everyone for being so great! I also encourage everyone to find one thing they are grateful for a day. Then at the end of the week, you can sit on the couch and almost cry because you can review all the things for that week, realize you have so much to be grateful for, feel blessed, and be happy.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Grateful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
You have got such a great attitude about life! It is so easy to get into a funk and look at all the bad stuff but I am going to take you up on your challenge because life is great and it is the little things that matter the most!
I love all your post lately. We just bought half a cow too! It's so nice knowing right where your meat came from. I like your new table. You are so sneaky! I have seen it at Shopko and love it too! It wouldn't work in our kitchen though. Thank for all the great posts.
I loved your post. We really do get in the "Oh, poor me" attitude alot. (especially around here lately), but really I am far more blessed than alot of people out there. I'm so glad that you are in my life.
Post a Comment