Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What a sucka!


Today we had one last ultrasound. Normally we would have only had the one, but the first one back in June she was too wiggly, so they thought they would give her a little less room and get everything in July. . . July she was sassy and kicked the ultrasound wand then turned her back to it and wouldn't let us see her heart. Heart problems have run in my family, so we decided in August we'd try again. Bingo! Her heart is great! Yay! She DEFINITELY does NOT have any extra wiggle room already. It was cute, the technician said it was a good thing we already knew the sex, because first she had her ankles crossed then she put her feet legs crossed up by her head. She was very modest. I'm a proud mama, I hope she stays modest!

This pic above you can see her practicing her sucking skills. At first I thought something terribly wrong happened to her mouth! If you look closer, you see her head, her nose.. and then that vertical white blob... that is her arm. She has almost her whole fist in her mouth! You can see where her fist balls up right where her mouth should be. So this is a good sign! Hopefully she'll be all ready to eat when she comes out!

We are getting so excited to see our little girl! Heart beat is doing well, growth doing well, just has to cook a little longer and I'll have someone to play with and dress up all cute! (And change diapers, and feed, and hear the crying... yup... )We're so happy things are going well so far! I'm down to every two weeks appointments. Yikes!

2 comments:

JanaLee said...

I am so excited for you! It is hard to wait for babies to come. But better to have a long wait and a healthy baby. It is so good to hear from you.

Jenn and Mike said...

The wait always seem to take forever.... but as someone once told me that it has to happen. So I met someone today that knows you... she was from lovell... she just moved into our ward. I don't know the last name... first name is Suzanne.