Saturday, August 14, 2010

Camping!


For the first time ever this weekend, Dustin and I got to go camping just the two of us, AND use our tent together! He'll probably be embarrassed I posted this pic, but believe it or not, its the best of the batch, and he happens to be giving a goofy face. :) We've been camping together before, but usually the youth have been involved. At Girls Camp we aren't aloud to share a tent as a married couple, he's taken it to scouts and shared with guys... yeah.. never together!

We originally were headed up to Good Enough Camp ground. We packed up and drove, but by the time we got there (surprise guests came that day and we visited for a bit instead of getting out of town) all the camp sites were taken. Then we drove over to Scout Mountain and found a spot! Yay! I was pretty grumpy and hungry by then, but my super man Dustin had the dutch ovens going pronto! We had Yummy potatoes and bbq chicken in the dutch ovens, then roasted some smores. I stole my friends idea and instead of just chocolate squares in the smores we put mini reeses peanut butter cups! They didn't melt very well, but it was super yummy!

We were concerned about if I would be comfortable sleeping in a tent with my belly, and I slept GREAT! Because we've always been in separate tents, we have two queen size air mattresses. I inflated them BOTH and put one on top of the other. CUSHY! I love the mountain too! Dustin and I usually don't cuddle when we sleep because it gets hot, but the cool mountain air I got lots of snuggles in!

The hardest part of the trip was getting out of my camping chair and squatting in the forest. :) That was probably the worst. I think if I were to go again in a last trimester, maybe a bathroom or outhouse available would be nice. :)

All in all, it was super fun and what we needed! No cell service! One last quiet trip for the rest of our lives! I love you Dust! Thanks so much!

2 comments:

Jon and Karen Egeland said...

I remember going camping when I was VERY pregnant with Chris. Going to the bathroom was quite the ordeal. ;) lol. Camping was a lot of fun though. Glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

That sounds AWESOME! I wanted to do that as well but wasn't able to get it done before school started! Glad you guys had a good time!