Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Six Quirks

So my friend Milin Chandler tagged me about six quirks, now I have to write six quirks about myself. I had to call some friends and family to help me out on this, because the thing about quirks is, sometimes when they are YOURS, you don't realize that you have them. So here we go...

1. It bugs me when everything isn't in a straight line. I like squares more than circles by all means. I have a square television, square endtables, even my couch is shaped like a square. I guess you could say I'M a little square. The edge of my couch lines up with the end of the wall, things... just have to be even and lined up. I go crazy if it doesn't. Dustin will move things just to play with me... he laughed because he will sit there and nudge something, I will fix it, he will nudge, I will fix.. he laughes because I'll do it over and over right there.

2. Whenever I'm in a situation that makes me uncomfortable, like a crowd I don't know people or hanging out with people I haven't for a while if at all... I make lots of jokes... sometimes innappropriate for the situation. But nevertheless.. I get on a roll. And I joke, and joke and joke.. sometimes I even annoy myself..

3. Whenever I eat fast food I fold my garbage. I like things nice and neat. Subway is the best for this... I eat the sandwhich and fold the wrapper, then I eat the chips, and put the folded wrapper in the empty chip bag and fold that over, then I put that in the bag they give everything to you in (oh yeah.. the napkin gets folding in with the sandwhich wrapper) and I foldover the bag. After I'm done with my drink, I take the folded wrappers and other garbage, and sit that neatly in the empty cup, put the lid back on, and I have something nice and neat to throw away.

4. During movies, in the movie theatre.. when people are crying or scared because someone blew up and blood is everywhere or hurt or something.. I bust out laughing. Partly because everyone else is so into it and you could hear the whole room breath in fast and deep, and partly because.. sometimes it's just not that believable. I get looked at a lot as everyone is devastated and I'm sitting there giggling..

5. During early morning or night.. basements scare me. When I was younger, my bedroom was in the basement of my parents house. They had cement walls and I swore that there were dead bodies cemented in between the walls and it was scary. Crazy childhood scare.. but somehow.. it still bugs me when it's not the middle of the day, and I'm down in an eerie basement. I find that it's those moments I run up the staircase back to safety.

6. Most people think I just talk a lot. It usually just goes in spurts though. Sometimes Dustin will ask me what's wrong when I don't feel like talking. It's funny.. cuz I'm just fine, I just feel like peace and quiet. Sometimes it is just normal talk to people. Others none.. and then sometimes the moments everyone remembers. I think some days I get insecure, and then I get on a rampage and I call everyone I know and talk and talk and talk and talk.. usually close to the same conversation... quirky.

So now that you know some of my quirks, here are the six people I tag...

1. Malorie Canchola
2. Julia Despain
3. Sarah Skinner
4. Jennifer Mayer
5. Cassandra VanSlyke
6. Shani Hessenthaler

Here are the rules...-Link the person who tagged you-List 6 of your quirks-Tag 6 other bloggers by linking them-List the rules on your blog

6 comments:

Sarah Skinner said...

Ha! I love the Subway quirk! That's just too cute. Ha Ha

Jenn and Mike said...

LOL! So I probably experienced at least a majority of your quirks and yes!!! Anyway, I don't know who I will tag because I don't know who reads my blog.... so I am going to do this for you. Love ya

Malorie said...

thanks for letting me know bout that girl. i swear she was in my institue class haah ohwell also, i dont know how to link someone to do the quirks thing.....i liked urs though! ahah i fold my wrappers too just not to the full extent of what you do! :P

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie! I'm so glad to be able to get to know you and my cousin a bit better. It is sad that everyone goes their own ways in life. We met at the Christmas party. You never took me up on the lunch invitation!!

Steph
PS. Janet sent me to your blog.

Julie Anne said...

Oh.. but I still have your phone number in my phone....

Eric and Julia said...

I was going to leave happy birthday on your fridge but you took it off. So, Happy birthday!!!