Sunday, October 5, 2008

Great Weekend!

So this last weekend was well needed for the Morris household. The last couple of weeks have been rougher on us than some as we have passed the cold and flu and grumpiness around and around. I'm more of a happy, upbeat sort of gal, so it really started to wear on all of us.
Saturday Morning I was really looking foward to. General Conference started, so I could get some upliftment for my soul, AND I had my friend Teresa coming up from Utah to stay a couple nights because she had a craft fair to be in. (Totally awesome if you haven't heard of Scentsy.. go to http://www.scentsy.com/moon and check it out.. awesome!)
I drug my butt out of bed and curled onto the couch to listen to conference. I found myself crying a lot, I really think the speakers knew what I needed to hear. Elder Uekdorf (sp?) talked about being not discouraged and such.. and there were so many other great ones. GREAT CONFERENCE!
Then I headed that butt over to the craft fair and got some cute stuff that I put in my kitchen.

After Conference and Craft Fairs and all sorts of great day, Teresa and her kids came to stay the night, and our friend Alex and Michelle came over and we all had some brownies and ice cream.

The sleep over was way fun. I love Teresa's kids! They are great to play with... I'm kind of a big kid myself so we get along well. This morning we all got ready to watch Conference again, and her son Shane found a comfy spot on the couch with Dustin. I really love watching him with kids. I think and hope he'll be a good Daddy some day.

Adrea found herelf snuggled up on the couch with her blanket....



And Teresa... well, we won't post her picture because the one I took turned out kinda Goofy.. which would probably depict her pretty well.. SILLY LADY!

I made breakfast and when I was cleaning up I found an ugly, nasty spider. I quickly yelled for Dustin to come save me. We weren't sure what kind it was, so he trapped it in a clear cup and him and the kids investigated for us all.

We're really glad they came, it was really fun and exciting. I love how blessed we are in our lives and the great people that are in them! Thanks for coming guys! We hope to see you again soon!

7 comments:

Cass said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I hope you all stay healthy this week!

Malorie said...

hey julie, its malorie from IES. i think its funny that you said i was gonna say. wow you love god. well i do too haha i didnt know you were mormon. i have to agree i loved elder uckedorfs (Sp??) talk as well.

Mooners said...

Thanks Julie you are sooooooooo sweet and we loved being at your house it was very comfortable, relaxing and super fun!!! I think i will have to crash there again sometime with my husband too. Dustin and the kids were super cute i agree!!

Malorie said...

we actually got sealed last month. sept. 13. it was the best day ever! march isnt too far away! what temple are you going to?

Jenn and Mike said...

You are so right about a wonderful general conference! I needed it ten fold! And I spent half the sessions crying too!

Malorie said...

woooo hoo u left me a message! haha i was hoping you or my sister would leave a message. you two are the only ones that look at it. i really need to be better at it so its actually interesting to look at. haha. did dustin shave yet?

Lauren said...

I said Sept. 8th? No. My birthday is August 16th. I need to fix that I guess...