Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Now we know...

Yup folks! It's a girl! We had our Ultrasound today and found that we are having a baby girl. So totally excited. Dustin kinda wanted a boy as most guys do first, but I think he's embraced the idea pretty well and later admitted he had a feeling that it may be a girl. We have to go get another one done on July 1st because little miss was wiggling so much! They tested and looked at a lot of things, but didn't get all the info they needed to make sure she is doing just right. The info we got though looks good! Four chambers in the heart, two legs and feet, two arms and hands, (no penis..heehee), two kidneys, the chord looks good, etc. Didn't get a chance to see her face, but we did get a couple side profile views.

See? It says she loves us! :) According to her measurements she wasn't the exact due date we discussed, but we didn't change the due date as it was only a few days or so earlier, and who knows what can happen between now and then. (tech said Oct 21, Due Oct 25)




When we got home, Dustin had snuck in some "baby roses" for me. Isn't he just so sweet? I think they are super cute, as well as Dustin, and our little girl! :-) Names? Well, we had discussed Rachael Anne Morris, but we aren't sure if we are in love with the name or not. We'll think more on it, see what we come up with. Feel free to post suggestions!

We were both super excited that we knew what we were having and low and behold we got a rebate card in from a phone Dustin got, so we went to dinner, then went and got something PINK and CUTE! Of course I just had to put it where it goes. What do you think?

I sat my stuffed Lion Leo I had growing up in the crib until our baby girl can take her spot. On the windowseal is the plaque we made at girls camp last year for "if I ever have a little girl". It says "princess, daughter of a heavenly king". I just love that the pink brown and polka dots match so well with the room! Who would have thought it would just fall into place like that when we weren't even expecting yet?
Thanks everyone for being so patient with my excitement and overzealousness. What can I say? I'm a planner, and totally excited, and proud of it. :-) We'll keep you all posted on what's going on with us, and be sure to let everyone know how the next ultrasound goes with our little wiggly one!

6 comments:

Krista said...

We are so stinkin happy for you guys! There is nothing like finding out what you are having...and then going to get some stuff that you know your new little one will use so much! It is so fun! It makes it so real! Congratulations!!

Megan Rogers said...

Congrats!! A little girl!! She's bound to be good lookin!! I mean, take a look at her parents!! And the room is adorable. Exactly what I would have picked if I had a little girl. So dang cute.

Sarah Skinner said...

Girls are so wonderful! Congratulations. And the room is looking so adorable. I LOVE the brown and pink. That's funny that she was way too wiggly! With Todd I drank a sprite beforehand and the ultrasound took 1 1/2 hours because he was soooo wound up.
:-) Oops. Love you guys!

Cass said...

Congrats! I love the room and the name, but since you asked for other ideas....Rebecca Anne, and that's really all I can think of right now. Love ya!

Amanda said...

Congrats you guys! Girls are fun! Haha:) Dustin get ready for alot of pink and purple! My husband was a little shocked at first to see so many things could come that way! Yay, very excited for you!

Jon and Karen Egeland said...

yeah for you guys! I can personally tell you how many cute things there are for girls (seeing as how I have 3 boys) when I go to find cute things...it's all girl stuff. ;)