This is the Temple pic I did for me.. under the "eternity" are the dates that each was married (I did one for my mom and sister too.. sorry Sarah! They didn't have one of the St Louis!)
This one is my Sister Brenda's.
I was super excited about the temple pics because they are SO EXPENSIVE at Deseret Book, but we got to make them for super cheap! I think they turned out super great. There were tons of crafts availabe, but the last two things I made was a pillow and an apron. The pillow we embroidered ourselved and then Tea Dyed, it was cool to do, as well as sew together and sew the apron. I haven't used a sewing machine in a long time! It was actually pretty fun!
Obviously the pillow.
And the Apron.
It was a good night. My friend Sheiree came and hung out with me, and (here's the sad part) the ones I had the most fun with were the Young Women from Girls Camp! They got to come hang out with their moms and were there to babysit if need be. A lot of the other ladies commented on my "fan club" but... I just like them. They are such fun girls! Can't wait to see what we make next year!


6 comments:
I've been wanting one of those temple pics so bad! But your right they are expensive, that's why I didn't get one. How did you make it? Is it possible to even describe over the internet?
It was super easy really. There was a lady that had access and copyright privelages to the prints and we painted our boards and then modge podged them. Basically just glued on the pictures and then did the glue thing over the top, some did a criss cross design so when it dried clear it looked cool, but super simple. I Can try and see who it was that can do and send the prints to you branch if you want me to, I guess she does it for people all the time. They were only like twenty five bucks including the wood and everything for us to make.
I love the temple pictures. And you didn't invite me :( just kidding!
So I don't know how I missed this! I love the midnight madness idea!!! It is super cute!!! I want a temple pixture... we haven't had a super saturday for a while in our ward! Oh well! We are this saturday!
How fun! And I LOVE the temple pictures you made. I so wish they had a St. Louis. I've been looking for that exact antique style for us. We bought this huge frame at Goodwill for $10 and hung it- empty- in the living room in anticipation of a St. Louis Temple pic. Mike drew a picture of Kilroy and hung it inside.
Anyway- sounds like a wonderful activity!!!
I want one!! Brian and I were going to try to make our own sometime. Yours look amazing. What a fun night! Next time you are in Ogden, give us a call.
Post a Comment