The hotel was huge! We didn't spend much time in other sections, but it had a courtyard, a gym, a restaurant, a massage parlor, hair salon,pool, sauna, hot tub, starbucks, business center, etc. The pic above it just part of the room obviously, and we had already sat on the bed, so it's not as crisp, but it had like a forty something inch flat screen in there too! It was great to watch conference saturday morning on (except the cable was having some bad reception).
The hotel was right downtown, so after we checked in we walked down the street and went to dinner. The front desk guy offered a suggestion of a great italian place that I kinda wanted to try, but Dustin wanted the ole tried and true Olive Garden. It was good.. it's my favorite so I wasn't too dissapointed. :) We got some dessert to go for later and walked back to the hotel where we got ready for Dustin's mission reunion.
This is a classic pic. I was just snapping shots around the circle and this guy noticed last second and tried to get in a smile. He was actually very quick. :)
There weren't very many people at the reunion for various reasons, but mainly because the mission president that they all wanted to see cancelled coming last minute because they realized their passports expired. They live in Canada. So an email was sent out explaining they wouldn't be there, and.. in return, a lot of others weren't either. We had a small circle and it was nice visiting with the ones that came.
After the reunion we went back and had our dessert and... lets just say had an enjoyable night. :)
Saturday was conference day. We ordered in room service and had breakfast in bed while we watched the first half, then got ready to leave during the second. Check out was at noon, which worked out great for us. We were ready to go, got to listen to all of the first session of conference, and then headed over to find parking and wait in line for the second session that we had tickets for.
The lights were bright, sorry for the glare on my glasses and poor Dust had a headache so.. this is as much of a smile we get. :) Conference was really good. I found myself keep looking at the choir as my "uncle" Dave Allphin was sitting almost directly in front of me. He isn't really my uncle, but we call him that. He's my Aunt Gails brother in law and we grew up in the same area. Great guy! Who wouldn't want to claim him as their own! It was so exciting when he showed up at our wedding reception, however I felt aweful I didn't get a chance to chat with him and Linda more! Blasted busy weddings! He was almost to the top of the choir on the right side, and I was in the front of the highest balcony on the same side. My mom had told me to keep an eye out, but I didn't realize it would be that easy to find him! I tried to take a picture, but the zoom on my camera isn't THAT good! It was a long ways away. But yes mom, I did see him, no.. I didn't try and find him afterward to chat. Something about the 20 some odd thousand people there that discouraged me from doing so!
We headed out of Salt Lake towards home, but stopped in to see our friends Teresa and Scott and kids on the way home. Everyone is so busy, so it was a quick visit. We tried to get ahold of one of Dustin's old mission companions while we were there, "Rogers", Dustin wanted to see his new kid and visit for a little, maybe catch the priesthood session, but we failed. Hopefully we can see them next time. :)
We stopped on the way out at a restaurant that we went to on our honeymoon. Yummy BBQ! So filling! We got a couple more bottles of their sauce, which is so good! And then finally arrived home Saturday night. It was most exciting to us because we still didn't have to go to work the next day! One more day to veg out at home, do some laundry, and relax before another work week.
I so love my husband and I'm glad we got to spend some time just us! No distractions of TV or people calling needing us to do something, or video games, or cleaning, cooking, weed pulling.. just us spending time together and doing what we want. Totally recommend it to anyone!


5 comments:
So great!! We looked all over the TV for Uncle Dave, but we never found him....so I am glad you did!! What a fun way to spend conference weekend!
How fun!
Sounds like a fun weekend- if you do go to a session at the Salt Lake Temple, call us up!! I want to do one so bad! Sorry we didn't get to see eachother this weekend! I didn't even know you tried to get a hold of Brian! Should've called me!!
How fun! I only got to go to conference one time and I loved it. I'm glad you guys were able to go.
I stayed in the same hotel! The weekend after you. I will never forget that carpet! Crazy coincidence.
Post a Comment