With that fun, we've teased the boys a lot. I call them my boys because I think I'm more protective over them than a lot of members of the church. After we moved to our house, I got called as a ward missionary. We still get to see the Elders a lot (we do a lot of lessons with them) and right now even, one of our old next door neighbors is in the area. He goes home in a couple weeks. He's been with us almost a quarter of his mission or more between the two areas.
Here's a couple of the stories we've done.. as I've been so busy I don't have a lot to blog about other than being busy...
This is Elder Love. We looked up his myspace page when he lived next door to us. He is really into the Lord of the Rings and old Swords and axes and stuff. We found this funny picture of him and then played on the things he likes. Return with honor, his picture, Weilder of the sword of truth. We pasted it on the inside of our front door. He came over for a few minutes to talk about something and his companion saw it. He was chuckling, poor Love didn't know what was going on until he left and saw it...
It was a pretty good reaction. He's the one that is back in our area... zone leader now, so proud. :)
One of the other Elders.. long story short.. hit a handicapped bus with the mission car. When he was talking to the driver, there was a moan in the back and the driver said. "great, you scared dobby". The conversation went on and the poor guy ended up cracking up about the whole thing (longer conversation) so of course we had to tease him about it. When he got transferred we had this shirt made for him.
We sure think we're funny... tee hee. He liked the shirt though, and now will always have it as a mission memory.
There are so many more memories, these are just a couple I got photos of.. like I said.. WE think we're funny.. teehee.
It sure has been a blessing getting to know these boys and seeing their spirits and having the opportunity to watch them share the gospel with others. They really are good boys. A couple of them still keep in touch.. I'm glad for that. It's been even more wonderful watching them grow throughout the mission, and then grow in their lives. A got a phone call asking how to propose once.. it meant a lot to me! Okay.. I'll stop gushing.. but gosh I do get proud of them!


4 comments:
That's really cool, Julie! They are so blessed to have you guys in their lives and so close! They will remember you both forever!
I love it! The missionaries are the best! I am sure their mothers are all greatful you guys took care of them!
I know when my brothers were on missions we always prayed that they would find someone to take care of them like you took care of the missionaries there. I'm sure their families are VERY grateful for all you do for their boys.
That is funny... you guys will definitely look back on all that and laugh
Post a Comment