Well, I thought I would write a quick update about what has been going on with us. This last week has been so crazy and busy and uprooting from our normal lives. It started wonderful with us getting sealed as I previously posted about. People left staying with us on Sunday, Monday was somewhat normal other than a bunch of snow and I had to reschedule my areas I was in. Tuesday I was driving back to the office from my Burley area. I was excited, it was a great day. I was telling my sister how I had taken video footage for my Biggest Loser application. I was going to send in the whole application on Wednesday, but that kinda got set aside for another time. While I was talking to Jenny I suddenly couldn't inhale. There were really sharp pains in my left side. It kinda freaked me out. I got off the phone because obviously it's hard to talk when you can't inhale. I tried to call Dustin, but he was away from his phone. I wasn't so sure I should be driving, but had no other choice as I was still 20 miles from town. I started to get light headed, I didn't know what was going on so when Teresa called me I stayed on the phone just in case I went off the road she would know where I was.
The only problem with talking to Teresa in crisis is that we make eachother laugh when we want to cry. Really hard to laugh when you can't breath. :) But she's a good friend. I got to the urgent care and then a few minutes later her mom Nancy showed up. The doctors poked and proded. They weren't sure what was wrong with me, they thought there may be a clot in my lung so they sent me over to the Emergency Room. By the time Nancy and I were in the ER, Dustin got over there. I tell you what, I don't like all that attention, but the drugs they gave me weren't all that bad! After a bunch of tests we found it was just pleuretic cp. or pleurisy and some pulled muscles.(probably from the spasms from freaking out when I inhaled). Doc said I couldn't go to work the next day and gave me some prescriptions that I could go to work on, but can't drive.... which means I can't go to work.
It turns out having the week off has been quite the blessing. I won't go into details on this because it's not my story to tell, but Dustin's family had some news that wasn't good on Tuesday. We went up on Friday to help clean up one brothers house so it could possibly go on the market, and then stopped in at the other because of an open house on Saturday. We tried to get the first bro to come back and stay with us for a couple days, but was unsuccessful. Dustin feels like he failed him a little because Sat. night we went and visited him in the hospital. We think the worst is passed, but just prayers for the family would be nice.
We got back home on Sunday afternoon. My mom went into surgery this morning (mon) for her gastric bypass. They say all went well and she's back into her hospital room. My boss had me take today off too, which I'm grateful for so I can rest up.
Hopefully all goes well this week! We're keeping our fingers crossed for it! If all else fails, we're thankful for benefits, sick leave and vacation time!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Um, you guys have had a crazy week........and why am I just hearing about your hospital trip. Silly girl you should have called. Um, sorry to hear about Dustin's family. I couldn't believe the story when I heard it. WOW.........Oh well crap happens! Poor wife though. Well I hope you are doing better. I would say come on over but there is just way to many kids here.
I'm sorry to hear you are having a rough week. Let me know if you need anything...I don't know what I could do seeing as how I'm not there anymore, but if you need to talk or something, I'm here. We'll keep your family in our prayers.
HeHe laughing is normally better than crying!! i still feel bad about that. (and i still laugh too thinking about it!!) i am glad you are still all together and somewhat with it!!!
Post a Comment