Saturday, December 13, 2008

Oh the Thanks and the Holidays..

So in a quick sum up... here is our Thanksgiving Weekend!...


We had Thankgiving dinner at Dustin's Mom and StepDad's house. It was really yummy. Some of us thought it was humorous that she remembered SOMETHING about turkey and ham with me. (She got some turkey meat to go into sandwhiches in the back at the wedding because she found out I hate ham and that's what she had done in the past for other weddings). Well.. she got it backwards. She was so sweet. She made a ham special just for me because she remembered how much I hate turkey! Dustin told her, although I would have eaten it just because of the nice thought alone!

Thursday night Dustin's sister and her family stayed the night with us. It was fun. We had to hide the drum sticks from the kids because they thought it was so fun to chase the kitty with them. OUCH! :) Friday we headed down to Park Valley for the Morris Family Christmas Party. We stayed at his brothers, they are always so accomodating. Those who caught the ham joke at Thanksgiving dinner kinda smiled when we were at the family party as the main course was.. well.. my favorite. It was just fine and I think things were put together nicely. It was great to see family.


After the Christmas party some of us were part of a gift exchange, so we headed back to Dustin's brother's house and exchanged gifts and opened some presents. It was fun. :)

After gift exchanging, a few of us headed up to the hills and found some Christmas trees! Yay! It's always nice hikin up in the hills with the crisp air.When we hit the bottom of the hill we all pulled out some guns and did some target practice! THAT'S always fun! I decided that I want my own 22. Not too scary and fun to shoot ... responsibly of course.

It was a pretty fun weekend! I'm glad I married into the family I did and have some common interests. :)

1 comment:

Jenn and Mike said...

Looks like you guys are doing great!