Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Which is better, to look FIT, or look MARRIED?


Yesterday I was so very excited for afterwork. I found a deal on a recumbent exercise bike... I'm trying to get in shape and look better and all that jazz, and those I REALLY like. It's so easy to sit down and exercise WHILE I'm watching the biggest loser. I called Dustin and asked if he wanted to come with me to pick up my new find. He said since it was in a box, I could probably get it myself and he'd meet me at the house after work. I was a little frustrated about this, but he was probably right.

I headed off to the store with much enthusiasm. When I got there, the box was on the bottom shelf, it was big, and it had no handles for me to pick it up with. On top of that, it was dirty and I was still in my work clothes. I walked around for a while until I found someone who worked there to help me. I said.."hey, I'll pick up one end if you do!" I try to be cute when I ask for help, it makes me think that I'm not asking or something. The man went over, plopped it in my cart and rung me up.

I headed out to my car proud and excited. The first hour of Biggest Loser I was going to put the thing together, and the second hour I was going to USE it! I got out to my car, it was dark and it was raining. I realized then that I had no one to help me get the sucker out of my cart INTO my car. I thought I could shift it over, so I picked up one end.. and... caught my wedding ring on the cart. I jerked as it hurt which made the big, heavy box of exercise equipment fall onto my now caught ring. I admit.. I cursed.. kinda loudly. It hurt badly! Then I apologized to the poor child walking by with his mother glaring at me.. well deserved. I broke my wedding ring! When I got resituated I realized the once square diamond was now shaped like a diamond as the prongs had twisted the whole thing. My ring looked mangled. I was happy the diamond wasn't in the dark parking lot, but... I started to cry because I was hurt and I hurt my wedding ring all for a dumb exercise bike.
I went home and showed Dustin. All he said was, "Why didn't you ask for help??" I kinda looked at him not so amused and said, "I did." He said.. "Oh." He carried in my bike and took it downstairs for me.
Today I felt weird going around with just my wedding band. Part of me felt half naked! But when I got home I was well suprised as Dustin took my ring in during work and got it fixed! I was only without it for a day, but I think I'll try to keep it forever. :)

4 comments:

Jenn and Mike said...

Ohhh!I was shopping the other day in hobby lobby and --- there was this fairly new looking couple arguing about a rug for their house.... and I repeat from the young women "We can't have an empty house! I need more than an XBOX, Couch, bed and fridge!" She was kind of embarrassed that I overhead. I just said it's a typical man thing. And it literally takes something like your situation for them to wake up and listen.

Ranee` said...

[big sigh]...husbands!

Eric and Julia said...

Well if I had to choose one, I would rather look fit! Because right now I am looking all to married, or at least I have a humongous growth on my abdomen. So I'm thinking fit would be totally sweet.

I'm glad your ring is fixed ;)

Malorie said...

o man i feel bad for you! you could have ripped ur finger off or skinned ur finger as in ripped of the skin to the bone. (thats on a safety video we have at work) haha so i am glad that didn't happen!! did dustin feel bad for not going to the store with you? how did u like the bike? i love those things! that and swimming are my fav. also...biggest loser last night! holy cow that was intense...dono if you watch it religiously like trevor and i but it was good!