Thursday, October 28, 2010

Rachael Anne Morris

Well folks, she's here! Rachael Anne Morris was born October 25, 2010 at 5:11 pm. 7 lbs 11oz - 20inches long. Monday morning I had an appointment with the doctor. I told Dustin he should take off from work and go with me because I had a feeling I would be sent over to the hospital. Sure enough, I was at a three and half and 90% effaced along with kinda high blood pressure and protein in my urine. My doc was worried about the latter two and thought we should definately have her, so straight from her office to the hospital check in we went! :)
They got me admitted, broke my water at 12:30 and started me on some Pit about one. I got an epidural a couple hours later, since I already qualified for it when I walked in, they hadn't checked me yet, I told them I thought they should. The nurse kinda smiled at me and said that I would be there a long time and not to worry about getting checked. Four hours into it they finally checked me and to their surprise I was at an eight. Twenty minutes later I encouraged them to check again. Again the nurse said "honey this is your first you'll be here a while"to which I said, really I think something is coming out, you should check me. She checked and suddenly doctors were called and a few minutes later I had a little girl!
I feel super blessed and lucky it was so quick. Who else gets just 4 1/2 - 5 hour labor for their first kid... AND not to brag, I turned to Dustin afterward and said I was kinda dissapointed because the pushing her out thing wasn't as big of a deal that I expected.
Enough of the details.. I could go on and on and on... but here's what you really want... some PICTURES of our little girl!!!

First bath

After first bath

I love the freaked out look on both of their faces... Dustin is like... She's staying with me? and She's like... WITH HIM?

Again... Whoah... are you sure I'm staying with these guys?
Nap time with Mommy

Nap time with Daddy
Then some more cute pics of our cute girl...




So far so good! We'll post more pics as they come! Hope you enjoy!

8 comments:

Lauren said...

She is beautiful, Julie! Congrats! You'll be a terrific mom!

Sarah Skinner said...

She is absolutely adorable, Julie!!! I can't believe how cute she is. I also think she favors her daddy quite a bit. I love all the hair and the beautiful eyes! You did a good job. :-) (Dustin too of course) Hope you guys are having a wonderful first week together. Take it easy and don't sweat all the housework. You don't get these precious tiny baby moments for very long! Enjoy Morris's x 3 now!!!!

Celeste said...

I can not believe that she is here. She is beautiful! I get the chills when I look at her. I can't wait to come and see you. Give me a call sometime when you and not sleep deprived. Love you tons!!

nina said...

Just gorgeous! Congrats you guys. I'm glad your labor went well. I never have had to push long either anywear from 2-6 pushes for all 3 of my kids. Your very lucky that your epidural worked good too, I haven't had one that has worked yet. I'm jeoulous ;)

Jon and Karen Egeland said...

Oh, she is so cute! I'm so happy for you guys. I wish I was there, I would be so happy to help out with the little one.

Krista said...

Yea!! Congratulations!! She is beautiful! We are so happy for you. Your little family is adroable. Now, go get some rest!

The Ward Family said...

As everyone else has said..........SHE IS SO CUTE!!!! I can't wait until we are feeling better and over our colds so I can come and kiss on her! I hope you are doing good, and I am glad you had a FAST labor and delivery. That is just awesome! PS...I love how you had to tell them to check you!

Malorie said...

you are so lucky. i hope my labor goes that fast! she is sucha beautiful little girl. i laughed pretty good at your captions with their freaked out faces.